Field Tracking and Running for My Life

THE WELCOMING FIELD

I had taken note of some impressive farmland in Langrangeville and hoped to grab a few shots today. Apart from the proximity of youngliings stamping the gas of their obnoxiously loud Mustangs, it began as a pleasant experience. I found a safe gravel inset to park my car and up the road I walked, looking for vantage points and keeping an eye skyward, as to escape rain, should it rear its ugly head.



THE TRAP

After capturing a few places to my satisfaction, I came upon a dirt road leading into the field. As is my practice, I checked for "no trespassing" signs, of which none declared themselves. Deeming the road safe for exploration, I began to press in. First, a deer took me by surprise, leaping from the shrubbery with great speed and disappeared into some trees. A short distance further, an unsettling buzzing noise tickled my ears. To  my great dismay, a cloud of large, black insects had gathered behind me and looked to be in pursuit. I hazarded a few more paces forward before confirming that the posse of malicious intent was attempting to overtake me. 

THE GREAT ESCAPE

I ducked and ran under the swarm and risked a final look, proving that these bugs wouldn't give up hunting me. Hence, I ran; hard as I could, back to my waiting adventure-mobile. I quickly realized that while I could unlock the doors via the ready remote in my hand, it wouldn't be fast enough to enter on first approach. The winged fiends continued their malfeasance as I rounded the car with impressive finesse, and finally swung open the door and slammed it in all their faces.  If ever I felt an adrenaline rush from taking pictures, tonight was the night!

I hope to have images posted soon. For the moment, please enjoy my Flickr feed, containing all my previous explorations! https://www.flickr.com/photos/129003675@N04/L

As always, thank you so much for taking part by reading! I appreciate you~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAW Images and Paint.NET

It's OK to Feel Deflated

Where to Find Content Creator Tools and Resources