If Flowers Could Live

A TALE OF FRIENDS


My name is Jon. If you can accept the premise that I'm a flower, then I congratulate you on your imaginative prowess. If not, perhaps you should consider what a flower would feel. 

Today I feel alone and lost. I am a beauty, created for love, without eyes to witness my design and carry my memory. The question, "Do I matter?" is consuming; deafening even. 

I feel as though even if I had means and the will to move, it would be of no consequence. The world would move about without notice that I could take in the good land. I fear I do not matter. 

"You could try talking to me. My name is Way."

"Way? Have you always been there? I was given the name Jon."
"Yes, Jon. I was here long before you sought the far side, reaching for the road."

"Mine is a fine view of the babbling creek, who tells such fine stories. You should hear her speak, Jon. Oh the joy!"
"That is well and good, Way, but I am affixed here. Now I fell worse for the wear, knowing that another is close by, but can never quell my fears. I am still alone." 

"Such is not true, Jon! If loneliness is your fear, then allow me to disprove this falsity. I have not legs or arms, but my stem, which I will break for you. The hug of a friend shall resolve this, as a hug only can."

"Jon, As others grow, show them the same love. Give them the hope that comes from Above."

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
-John 15:13-


As always, thanks for reading! Please see my Flickr feed for all new images!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129003675@N04/?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAW Images and Paint.NET

It's OK to Feel Deflated

Where to Find Content Creator Tools and Resources