Dark and Snowing

WEATHER RESISTANCE

I was a little discouraged this morning in seeing the conditions of the outdoors (which was thick overcast, snowy, dark, and just BLAH). I had been hoping to spring out in the afternoon and snap a few photos and had convinced myself that today simply wasn't worth braving the cold and flying, frozen water. I had taken brief retreat in my bedroom because my children had simply used up my "nice and patience daddy-ness" and took to consideration the afternoon before me. I pondered the return of a day such as this and came to the conclusion that since I hadn't means to change the weather, I would bundle myself and embrace the gruff outdoors and prove my resolve.


BACK TO THE ADVENTURE

I had a spot picked out, not far from my home in Wappingers Falls, NY. I'd been to various stretches of Fishkill Creek and had decided on a new extension of it. I left my adventure-mobile in a safe parking lot and carefully crossed the road between car gaps. After jumping the gird rail, I decended into the "foliage" and pushed through what can only be described as the most incredible thorn dichotomy in the history of bush-wacking. Seriously, even on other adventures in the middle of nowhere, I have never encountered so many different defense oriented plants that insisted on embedding themselves throughout my apparel.


DECENT TAKE HOME

After some ridiculous navigation along the creek, and I did find some rather incredible places to see, and I felt confident that I had captured it with some justice. I kept pressing forward, making sure I knew my way back. The end came when I reached a sign stating "Discharge permitted beyond this point", which I took to mean "You might be shot by hunters as you're not wearing a safety vest if you keep going". I took only a few more steps, then retreated, not wishing to add "evading gun fire" to my adventure. 

So in the end, I felt good keeping myself active and keeping in the game. I can't wait to share today's work!



Please continue to follow my photography and thanks so much for reading!!
  • For the full photostream of all adventures to date, please see my FLICKR FEED
  • Please see my INITIAL STORE OFFERING (which is a bit overpriced, as the print options are all for specialized formats, such as canvas or mounted printings - ***For normal photo prints, please contact me via my PHOTOGRAPHER FACEBOOK PAGE and we'll work out the specifics)
Many thanks!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAW Images and Paint.NET

It's OK to Feel Deflated

Where to Find Content Creator Tools and Resources