Expanding the Horizons

SKILL SHARPENING

I've spent my time away from Blogspot aiming to refine my photo style and study the technical end of photography to better understand how I can improve. There is such a wide world of growth to explore for technique and best practice! While I recognize that photography is a creative art, it does operate under some basic rules that impact the quality of color captured. Like any constructed piece, even if planned prior to execution, the final product is not as deep a story told if executed with a flawed plan. Hence, a better understanding, and not just practice, is a necessary step. 


THE STEPS FORWARD

While I haven't updated my camera or purchased any accessories to enhance it, I've gained insight into getting more out of my current equipment. While I certainly desire a more powerful camera, available budget prevents this. Though, in considering my pursuits, perhaps this is good and right that I should focus on how to properly conduct use of my current camera. Best to have a correctly cemented foundation on which to add. 



NEW APPROACH

At the suggestion of a course I'm working through, I've taken up the practice of "hands free" photographing. This involves both a tripod, more meticulous shot composure, and most importantly, no hands (by using either a wireless remote or timer to snap the picture). I learned about "camera shake" (which actually is the technical term) for the small, yet impossible to prevent shaking of the hands when shooting. For landscapes especially, this can cause loss of the finer detail with objects in the distance and manifests as a haze or cloud effect. I'd observed this in my pictures but couldn't work out how to eliminate it. Now I know. 

I've always been aware all this is journey. Thank you for sharing it with me!
Please continue to follow my photography and thanks so much for reading!!
  • For the full photostream of all adventures to date, please see my FLICKR FEED
  • Please see my INITIAL STORE OFFERING (which is a bit overpriced, as the print options are all for specialized formats, such as canvas or mounted printings - ***For normal photo prints, please contact me via my PHOTOGRAPHER FACEBOOK PAGE and we'll work out the specifics)
Many thanks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAW Images and Paint.NET

It's OK to Feel Deflated

Where to Find Content Creator Tools and Resources