Continuing to Play

A PARTIAL PICTURE

As you may have noted in my last post, I've been recognizing some weaknesses in my photography (which are becoming clearer through study and changes in photo subject matter). Nature will always be my favorite and focus in photography, but I felt like I could only get closer to mastery in more thoroughly exploring the art form. I consider my standing to be like a photo in which only one corner is well framed and shaped, while the rest is lacking in quality and composition. In exposing (which is a photography pun, yes!) myself to other forms of photography, I do see other principles at play which are harder to observe and practice. For example, when looking to capture nature and landscapes, the field of view is immense, and can be helpful to focus on a object to give the image a depth and a life. Taking this same idea to portrait photography, the need to focus on a object is (obviously) that much more important, while justifying the setting and other objects that appear in the frame. In switching to portrait photography for a short bit, it's helped me to begin analyzing all the secondary objects in landscape photos that either do not contribute to the story of the image or are simply a distraction.



MY THANKS

I'm so grateful for those who take the time to look at my pictures (and especially those who read my blog posts and make my journey feel special). We live in a world that has been so spectacularly crafted and created with special intent to the pleasure of One so far above our understanding. It honors me to create art in the work of The Creator and even more so to share it. A picture unbeheld is a waste of color and benefits no one. Art is meant to be experienced and enjoyed, as evidenced by this incredible earth. Thank you, my treasured family, friends, and fellow explorers! 

Please continue to follow my photography and thanks so much for reading!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAW Images and Paint.NET

It's OK to Feel Deflated

Where to Find Content Creator Tools and Resources