Exploring I Went - I Found Something Else

I went adventuring this morning with the intention of exploring some local attractions. One, was the Brinckerhoff house, belonging to Colonel John Brinckerhoff (1703 - 1785, Soldier in the Revolutionary War - Ref - http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/2231878-the-patricians-colonel-john-brinckerhoff-1703---1785---revolutionary). The link includes a modern picture of the home, which is still in good order and actually a residence (Hence, why I have no picture). I was fascinated to learn that George Washington was a frequent guest and close friend of John Brinckerhoff. Knowing that these men well trod upon the same ground which I traversed really connects me to them in a meaningful way. There's more history to uncover connected to this, which I believe stretches over into my present investigations. I'll be doing some other digging in the future.

Not to be deterred by the inability to photograph today's initial pursuit, I took to a backup location off Lake Walton Road, which required trudging through 1 1/2 feet of snow, leaving my car across the street at a Stewart's (Of which I am a frequent patron).



I lasted for just a few pictures in the frigid cold and falling snow before surrendering to my tingling toes and returning home.



I'll be back in action next weekend, with hopefully more material to show for the travels. For the rest of today's adventure, please see my Flickr feed - https://www.flickr.com/photos/129003675@N04/

Thanks for checking in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAW Images and Paint.NET

It's OK to Feel Deflated

Where to Find Content Creator Tools and Resources