LOOK AT THINGS BACKWARDS

LIFE THROUGH A LENS

Sometimes I feel like the world through a camera takes a different shape. It's more than just a moment you're capturing. It's more detailed than colors, lines, and shapes. The image is deeper than a feeling. It's an expression of the heart. A seeking of meaning and understanding. It's an exploration. It's an adventure. It's (always) a learning experience. It's why I sometimes twist myself sideways or upside down. 




PHOTOLEARNINGISM

I imagine my branding of "Photolearningism" causes some to raise eyebrows with a moment of quizzical fascination. It's not a word you'll find in any dictionary (except maybe Wikipedia some day, if that counts - It's not there now, I checked! LINK to Wikipedia Search ), but it's the thesis of my photo journey. Let's break it down:

PHOTO (or Photograph) =  "An image of an object, person, scene, etc, in the form of a print or slide recorded by a camera on photosensitive material"

LEARNING = "The act or process of acquiring knowledge or skill"

ISM = "A distinctive doctrine, theory, system, or practice"
Reference: Dictionary.com

Hence, the combined meaning would be:
"The practice and refinement of recording the world"



Come and visit me at www.NateCiraulo.com and join the journey with me! Sign up for the mailing list and enjoy being among the first to see new images!

Thanks!
-Nate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAW Images and Paint.NET

It's OK to Feel Deflated

Where to Find Content Creator Tools and Resources